We are looking for an EXPERIENCED Mechanic to join our mobile marine repair company.
Our company is looking for an experienced marine mechanic to perform complex mechanical repairs, and installs. Must be comfortable working on all boat systems, diesel and gas engines, must be familiar with working on on-board plumbing systems, hydraulics system installations, troubleshooting and repairs. Knowledge of HVAC is a plus. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 1 year relevant experience/schooling and have a drive and desire to meet or beat schedules and budget for project with no rework. The ability to write condition reports on boats and plan projects through to completion is vital. This mechanic will work independently to complete projects and also be part of a small work team to complete projects. This position performs duties involving the dismantling, repairing, relocating, modifying, maintaining, aligning, overhauling and installing of a wide variety of marine machinery, equipment, and systems. **Overtime, nights and weekends work may be required as customer service needs fluctuate.**
• Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose problems on most if not all marine engines.
• Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
• Complete all paperwork in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
• Must have a clean and valid driver’s license. (CDL and Medical card is major plus)
• Neat, organized person who is motivated by excellence both personally and professionally and would like to be part of a team.
• Applicant must be able to pass random drug screening.
• Basic Vessel Systems including- Bilge Pumps & Associated Systems, General Propulsion System Components, Helm StationComponents, Hoses, Piping & Adapters Shower Sumps & Associated Systems.
• Has a positive attitude regarding people and outcomes.
• Able to work independently at times and make sound decisions.
• The ability to stoop, crouch, pull, push, reach, hear, kneel, talk, stand, grasp, walk and lift up to 50 lbs. are required.
Submit your Resume to us today via email to:
TITLE SUBJECT: BREAKWATER JOB INQUIRY